2.24.2009

flea market finds


Last weekend I met Celine and her crew at the Chelsea garage flea market. I didn't get there until pretty late in the day so I didn't have a ton of time, but I did find a few bits and bobs. I didn't really capture it very well in this picture but the little crocheted square is incredibly intricate and delicate. I have no idea what I'll use it for, it really seems like it should be made into some decadent doll accessory. But it really making me want to learn how to crochet like that. 


I'm really excited about these scissors too. I've never seen another like this. Of course there are all sorts of contemporary plastic Fiskars with scallop blades, but I like these so much better! Plus, they weren't dull! It's such a pain to get pinking shears sharpened, I can't imagine it will be easy finding someone to do these. Oh well, I'm not exactly sure what I'll be using them for anyway....


No comments: