3.23.2009

new in the shop


A new line of designs that combine block printing with embroidery. I've been wanting to integrate the poppies with some of my simpler block printed designs for a while now. I did a little bit of it with the maple seed pod quilt, but I wanted to take it a step further. I had done a bunch of one of a kind embroidered pillows a few years ago and they were very well received, but I wanted to make something that was a little bit better suited to multiples. These are the first batch of them, there will be more styles coming in the next few months.


Another area I've wanted to explore is art (I'm not really sure how to describe these, the word "art" is not very descriptive). Personally I'm very much into beautiful and useful items, but we've been doing a bit of nesting and so I've been thinking a lot about hanging and arranging art and photographs, and thus these were born. They will be in the shop shortly.


No comments: